Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Driver I.D

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member tom42107's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2010
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Driver I.D

    I have two different type drivers. One is a 288c and the other I'm not sure about. As you can see, the 288c, on the right, has a gold color where the bolts stick out.Also, the diaphragm cap has a rubber gasket and felt backing. The unidentified driver has a gray color where the bolts stick out and the diaphragm cap has a rope gasket and no felt. Any ideas?

    Tom

  2. #2
    HB Super Moderator
    Driver I.D


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Driver I.D

    It looks the same it is an earlier 288 I have both, like the ones you have here with the rope/thread under the cap and the other with the rubber gasket, the one with the rubber gasket is a newer version of a 288C I'm pretty sure from that picture.But could also be a 288B it looks like someone wrote B inside the cap

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Driver I.D

    Does this help? These are 288B's....

    4


    5


    6



    288-16G for comparison......:2thumbsup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Leland's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2009
    Posts
    110
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Driver I.D

    Great Pics.....you never get the SIZE of those drivers...they are huge.

    Yea OP, yours are both 288s....the rope gasket is an earlier version.

    The 288Bs I guess most had that brown crinkle finish. The later 288Cs had a gray kind of finish. But several different models of the 288Bs were made...so that is a best guess.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Driver I.D

    The 288C I recently traded was very close in appearance....

    15
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.